Make Your Museum
Audience: Prep - Year 4
Duration: Allow 45 minutes per session. Rotations for large groups will be hourly to include a reset period.
Availability: Queensland school terms
Ever dreamed of working in the Museum? Dream no more as your team work together as Museum staff to create your very own exhibition. Have hands-on access to some of our treasured toy collections, learn about the variety of people that work within the Museum and appreciate the role the Museum plays in preserving, sharing and celebrating our cultures and histories.
In small teams, Museum Explorers will:
- Engage in teamwork through role play to investigate important museum practices.
- Compare different collection themes such as materials, age, colour, manufacture.
- Use real museum objects to develop a museum exhibition.
- Present their exhibition to the group.
- Recognise concepts of past, present and future.
- Share what we know about personal and family histories and how we investigate the past.
- Observe and interpret objects, to draw conclusions or devise historical inquiries.
- Identify different materials, processes and technologies used for making toys.
- Celebrate museum collections and the role of the museum in documenting change.
- Download Australian Curriculum links
- Program led by Museum staff
- $6 per student. Supervising adults FREE
- Minimum 20 students
Group Visit Information
For information on booking a group into a program and additional information for your visit, go to the Queensland Museum & Sciencentre planning page. Groups may be allocated time for self- guided Museum exploration during school program rotations.