Creative Lab 2017
Friday 12 May
Price includes all booking fees; full-day PD across 3 workshops; meals & refreshments; take-home materials on supplied USB.
Creative Lab teacher professional development program helps teachers to guide their students into an innovative future.
During a full day workshop, experts guide delegates through new, engaging strategies using creative teaching methodologies to teach STEM subjects.
Delegates have the chance to interact with STEM professionals and, have access to Queensland Museum treasures and research, integrated with Australian curriculum-based activities.
Creative Lab is designed to increase confidence in teaching STEM in the classroom and help increase your students’ participation and performance in STEM subjects. The experiences offered encourage teachers to explore creative solutions to everyday problems.
Each participant will experience three workshops spread across the day:
- Revealing Marine Ecosystems
- Animal Adaptations
This Creative Lab’s workshops are aligned with curriculum Years 5 to 10.
Participants will also have the opportunity to experience Queensland Museum’s Discovery Centre and Sciencentre. This includes a chance to view the new travelling exhibition from Questacon; Mathamazing, designed to inspire your mathematical curiosity!
Presenting Partner: Creative Lab is supported by Future Makers, the visionary STEM partnership between Queensland Museum and QGC.
In collaboration with: University of Queensland
What teachers said about past Creative Lab events:
- ... SO good to have world-class presenters and a real-world experience of how we would work with students in a highly productive manner.
- The presenters were excellent and engaging as were the activities.
- I now have more ideas about how to start inquiry based learning in my classroom
- …Interaction was also really good in the workshops where we got to participate and see how the different techniques could be applied in the classroom
- Creative Lab had very strong and relevant links to the Australian Curriculum.
Watch this short clip to see what Creative Lab is all about: